Crystals and gemstones can help you stay calm, centered and focused during this stressful time of year.
During the holidays it’s easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of the parties, shopping and busy activities of the season. This year the best gift you can give your friends and loved ones is a healthy, relaxed YOU!
If you truly want to enjoy this special time of year, give yourself some self nurturing. I’ve put together 7 different gemstones
that can help alleviate stress.
Here are some ways to use Crystals & Gemstones to help you stay in the holiday spirit of love, joy and happiness.
1. Stay focused. We lose so much of our energy when we aren’t clear and focused on the project at hand. Instead of multi-tasking, give yourself the joy of focused attention. If you are having trouble staying focused, try using a Hematite or wear a Hematite necklace or bracelet.
Hematite is known as a grounding stone. Its also a stone to calm the mind. It can help us to sort things out and calm the racing mind. It helps with memory retention and is useful while writing. It also assists in dissolving negativity as it can transform the negative to a more pure state of love.
So, when you notice your mind racing around, reach for a Hematite and feel yourself grounded and focused.
2. Ask for help. Sometimes just simply letting others know you need assistance in all the preparations can relieve the pressure and feelings of doing too much. If you are having trouble speaking up and asking for help, reach for a blue gemstone like Sodalite. Sodalite can help you gently and calmly speak “your truth“, that is to come from you heart and express your needs to others, before frustration grabs a hold of you. No need to hit your melting point, speak up!
3. Rest. Make sure you are getting the correct amount of sleep that your body needs. It’s easy to fall into erratic sleeping patterns with parties, travel, preparation, and other seasonal events. If you find it difficult to fall asleep or stay asleep try sleeping with the gemstone Petalite. Petalite can take us to a dimension of rest and healing, to a space in which worries and concerns of this world are released.
4. Remember to Breath. When you catch yourself holding your breath in stressful situations, remember to take a few deep breaths. Breath in clean fresh air to rejuvenate yourself, and exhale out stress. In stressful situations we have a tendency to breathe shallow. This can increase anxiety in our mind and body.
Choose a Quartz Crystal as a reminder to breath throughout the day. Place it in your pocket, purse, near your desk, in the kitchen, wherever you will be. Every time you look at the crystal, stop and take a few deep breaths. Remember to take it with you where ever you go throughout your day. If you can, place several crystals in all the rooms of your house, car and office. Just breathe!
5. Nurture yourself. Remember to take care of yourself with relaxing music, a evening bath, some quiet time. Use a Rose Quartz as a reminder to love and nurture yourself. Rose Quartz is known as the “Stone of Love”. Before we can love another, we must first learn to love ourselves. Before we can give to others we must first take care of ourselves.
6. Stay cool, calm and collected with Fluorite. Fluorite is my all time favorite stone for staying centered in stressful situations. It has a cooling energy that helps us maintain our calm. Reach for the cooling vibrations of Fluorite when you know you will be in situations that will challenge you.
7. Meditate. It’s a known fact that meditation can help reduce stress, lower our heart rate and create peace within us. Choose a purple Amethyst to assist you in meditation. Amethyst is known as a stone of Spirituality and helps us to sit in meditation. Give yourself the gift of meditation this holiday season and bring peace into your heart, mind and spirit.
May your holiday season be filled with fun, laughter, joy and RELAXATION!